The NASA Museum Alliance has provided some star gazing videos that may be of interest to our members. These are short videos that cover what is in the night sky for the current month.
The HAC website now has a new area under ‘Resources‘ where we will be adding content regarding all manner of light pollution issues. Bob Gent has already penned a great article drawing on his prior experience as a past president of the International Dark-Sky Association. Please give it a read and pass the link along to your friends and neighbors. We welcome all contributions to our Resources page, no matter which astronomy topic you wish to address.
Spot the Station
The Huachuca Astronomy Club is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, which means your donations are tax deductible!
- What’s the Thinnest Crescent Moon You Can See?
- Fantastic Year for Geminid Meteor Shower
- Tour December’s Sky: See 3 Planets at Dawn
- Asteroid 3200 Phaethon: Geminid Parent at Its Closest and Brightest!
- Invite Ross 128 Over This Thanksgiving
- An Exquisite Venus–Jupiter Conjunction
- Results from October’s Triton Cover-Up
- How Long Can a Rocky World Withstand the Blasts From a Red Dwarf Star?
- Gaia Looks Beyond our Galaxy to Other Islands of Stars
- Are Little Blue Dots in the Hubble Frontier Fields Precursors to Globular Clusters?
- NASA’s Opportunity Rover Withstands Another Harsh Winter on Mars
- Meteors Explode from the Inside When They Reach the Atmosphere
- New Research Launches to Space Station Aboard SpaceX Resupply Mission
- Soyuz Carrying Expedition 53 Crew Lands in Kazakhstan
- The Fault in Our Mars
- Chandra Reveals the Elementary Nature of Cassiopeia A
- Science From the Moon’s Shadow
- Retrospective: Moon
- NASA's Science Aircraft Flies Over Thomas Fire in California
- Three New Crew Members on Voyage to International Space Station
- NASA Sends New Research to Space Station Aboard SpaceX Resupply Mission
- Artificial Intelligence, NASA Data Used to Discover Eighth Planet Circling Distant Star
- NASA Astronaut Bresnik and Crewmates Return to Earth From Space Station
- NASA Television Updates Broadcast Schedule for Cargo Resupply Mission
- NASA Awards Contract for Safety, Mission Assurance Support
- NASA Establishes Advisory Group for National Space Council
- Better way to weigh millions of solitary stars
- Six-decade-old space mystery solved with shoebox-sized satellite called a CubeSat
- Artificial intelligence, NASA data used to discover eighth planet circling distant star
- Dawn of a galactic collision
- Doing without dark energy
- Spanning disciplines in the search for life beyond Earth
- Mars mission sheds light on habitability of distant planets